Inspections & Awards
The most recent Ofsted inspection report can be found on the Ofsted website – http://www.ofsted.gov.uk
You can also view the full report of our last inspection here:
The inspection took place in March 2011, and the school received a Grade 1 (Outstanding judgement) for both overall effectiveness, and the school’s capacity for sustained improvement.
The Academy has a number of awards and accreditations.
- Artsmark Gold Enhanced
- Basic Skills Agency Quality Mark
- ECaR (Every Child a Reader) Accreditation
- Eco Schools - Green Flag award
- Eco Schools - International Eco Schools
- Food for Life Partnership - Bronze
- Healthy Schools Gold Award
- Heartstart Affiliation
- Investors in People - Gold Standard
- Platinum Tooth Friendly Partnership Award
- Platinum School Games Award
- Primary Science Quality Mark (PSQM)
- QiSS - Quality in Study Support
- Reading Recovery Teacher of the Year 2013 (North West Region)
- Reading Recovery School of the Year 2013 - for innovative practice in sustaining the gains made through literacy interventions.
- SEND Inclusion Award
- United Against Bullying Bronze Award 2023
- Wellbeing Award